write.id3v2.php:IsValidURL() fails with UTF-8 encoding

Think you found a bug in getID3()? Post here with details.
Post Reply
drewish
User
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:11 am

write.id3v2.php:IsValidURL() fails with UTF-8 encoding

Post by drewish » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:05 am

I'm trying to write a WOAS frame with UTF-8 encoding and getting an error.
"Invalid URL in WOAS (��h
[that's supposed to be the url at the end there]

write.id3v2.php:GenerateID3v2FrameData() is calling it from line 1142.

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Posts: 1427
Joined: Fri May 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Are you a spambot?: no
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by James Heinrich » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:02 pm

Changed

Code: Select all

$this->errors[] = 'Invalid URL in '.$frame_name.' ('.$source_data_array['data'].')';
to

Code: Select all

$this->warnings[] = 'Invalid URL in '.$frame_name.' ('.$source_data_array['data'].')';
Better fix would be to rewrite IsValidURL() to handle other encodings.

milius.net
User
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by milius.net » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:23 pm

I don't know if this belongs here, but I'm always getting 'invalid url'-errors in Wxxx when I set:

Code: Select all

$tagwriter->merge_existing_data = true;
I tried different encodings and urls (also "") - but no luck at all ...

I looked into the code and for me (beginner) it looks like there's a prob in the function IsValidURL() - that's why I'm posting it here ...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest