Problems writing id3v2 tags

Grallis
User
Are you a spambot?: no

Problems writing id3v2 tags

Post by Grallis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Hello all

I recently downloaded getID3() for use on my private webserver, and it read id3 info from my mp3s perfectly on first attempt. Now, I'm attempting to write id3v2 tags and encountering some problems. I was trying to rewrite the tags on an mp3 file, but received this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message '$this->overwrite_tags=false is known to be buggy in this version of getID3. Will be fixed in the near future, check http://www.getid3.org for a newer version.' in /var/www/html/getid3-1.9.0/getid3/write.php:422 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/getid3-1.9.0/getid3/write.php(478): getid3_writetags->MergeExistingTagData('id3v1', Array) #1 /var/www/html/getid3-1.9.0/getid3/write.php(268): getid3_writetags->FormatDataForID3v1() #2 /var/www/html/getid3-1.9.0/demos/demo.simple.write.php(49): getid3_writetags->WriteTags() #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/getid3-1.9.0/getid3/write.php on line 422
I changed a few of the class attribute options set in the 'demo.simple.write.php' file, and it wiped most of my id3 tags, but wouldnt write them. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or is there some sort of limitation to the library that I'm not aware of?

Environment:
PHP: 5.2.16
getID3: 1.9.0
All files have the write permissions and ownership to be written to.

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)