I can't get the tag to work!

The place for "I can't figure out how to..." questions.
BeniRose
User

I can't get the tag to work!

Post by BeniRose » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:38 am

I'm having problems. First off, I wasn't even sure how to "install" the tag. And I know you don't really install it, but I had no idea which of the files/folders I needed to upload to my server so I just uploaded the getID3 folder into my working folder. Now I thought I was on the right track, but then I tried to incorperate the tag into my previously exisiting code.

I did this:
require_once('getid3/getid3.php');
$getID3 = new getID3;

becuase it only made sense because that file is located inside my getid3 folder in the current working directory of this script. However, when I tried to do
$fileinfo = $GLOBALS[$getID3]->analyze("$dir_path/$entry");
inside my function I need it in, it said:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/macleodd/public_html/mediaplayer/mediaplayer.php on line 87

Then when I try to do
echo (is_object($GLOBALS[$getID3])) ? "yes" : "no";
inside my function to see if it's lying to me or not, it does indeed return no!

So what's going on. Why doesn't it treat my getID3 instance like the object it deserves to be treated as?! Any and all help/advice/predictions are apprecitated, but please try to keep it in english (I know sometimes it's hard to not slip into linux/php nerd lingo and assume I know everything about everything involving anything involving computers=D Assume I know nothing!)

Thanks in advance!

Allan Hansen
getID3() v2 developer

Post by Allan Hansen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:28 pm

$GLOBALS[$getID3]

=>

$GLOBALS['getID3']

BeniRose
User

Post by BeniRose » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:46 am

Allan Hansen wrote:$GLOBALS[$getID3]

=>