using playtime_seconds to create freedb discid problem

The place for "I can't figure out how to..." questions.
mallyone
User

using playtime_seconds to create freedb discid problem

Post by mallyone » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:46 pm

I've got some php for generating a freedb disc id for a directory of flac files. I have the whole thing working except for the last track where the time is off by one second. A bit of digging into the getID3 flac file shows that playtime_seconds is calculated by dividing the samples_stream by samples_rate. Even when manually doing this though, the time is off by a second.

I was just curious if there was anything I should be watching for, ie. lead out time or maybe extra time added to the end of the last frame to fill up the frame?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :).

Allan Hansen
getID3() v2 developer

Post by Allan Hansen » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Does getID3() report one second shorter or longer?

If shorter, please send us a test file.

If longer, please open the file in a sound editor and scroll to the end of the file and (hopefully) find the zeroes padded by the ripping software.

mallyone
User

Post by mallyone » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:32 pm

One second longer, I've "flac -d"'d the file in question and looked at it in audacity and it is 5:26:20 with variances in the waveform so there is actually data (freedb says 5:25). I've also checked the begining of the file to make sure it wasn't padded on that end.

The files were ripped with easy cd-da converter (which successfully looked the cd up from freedb) so I'm re-ripping with cdparinoia and going to analyze from there...

Thanks for the advice on where to look :)

m...