problem reading tags of wma file

The place for "I can't figure out how to..." questions.
tony98
User

problem reading tags of wma file

Post by tony98 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:22 am

Hi all i used id3 tag for a few folders of wma files but unfortunelty it reads the artist name icorectly . could any one tell me what i am doing wrong. For mp3 it reads all tag corectly but wma it does not. Is there any program that makes tags of wma files copatable to id3 tags. I be happy if some tell me how to fix this problem.Thanks

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Post by James Heinrich » Thu May 25, 2006 1:47 am

Without knowing what you're doing, it's impossible to tell you what you're doing wrong. Are you getting no value or an incorrect value? Are you sure the .wma files are tagged correctly? What part of the returned getID3 data are you examining to see the artist name? Is your character encoding correct?

tony98
User

Post by tony98 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:00 am

James Heinrich wrote:Without knowing what you're doing, it's impossible to tell you what you're doing wrong. Are you getting no value or an incorrect value? Are you sure the .wma files are tagged correctly? What part of the returned getID3 data are you examining to see the artist name? Is your character encoding correct?
Thank u for u reply . I used the program to read content of wma folders to db and for one of my folder i keep getting incorect artist name . I used a program to change it and it did not fix the problem. I had a few other wm folders with no tag for artist and album i used same program called mp3tag v2.35 and it displayed corect artist and album name in db but for that single one i keep getting incorect artist name even if i change it with same program. Now i do not know what i am doing wrong!!!

do u think id3tags can read wma tags corectly ? or it has to be certain version?Thanks

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Post by James Heinrich » Thu May 25, 2006 2:09 am

I am unfamiliar with the program "id3tags" so I cannot comment on what it can or cannot do.

I can't help you if you don't help me -- you say you're getting an incorrect value, but you need to tell me what part of the returned structure you're getting that value from, what value you're getting, and what value you're expecting.