Signed integer error when scanning directory in kplaylist

The place for "I can't figure out how to..." questions.
dfriis
User

Signed integer error when scanning directory in kplaylist

Post by dfriis » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi,

When importing a directory to the kplaylist database I'm getting the error message:
ERROR: Cannot have signed integers larger than 32-bits in getid3_lib::BigEndian2Int()

Strangely I've been able to import these files earlier and it happens on more than just one mp3. I've googled this and found two hits but none of the posts about this ever got a respons (that wasn't on this site).

I have no clue about what info I should post here for you to be able to give me a hint but I'll give you all the info I can. Hope someone can help!

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Re: Signed integer error when scanning directory in kplaylist

Post by James Heinrich » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:31 pm

That error comes up when more than 4 bytes are passed to BigEndian2Int() and it's explicitly set to return a signed value. This may be related to the problem mentioned in these posts?
viewtopic.php?t=877
viewtopic.php?t=833

dfriis
User

Post by dfriis » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Sorry, pasted mbstring.func_overload: 2 into an .htaccess file, both in the www folder and in my site folder, same issue. I also edited that same line in php.ini and restarted apache, same issue. Strangely enough kplaylist can import loads of files without any messages, right now it just...

Ok, I thought it was more files but after deleting the Alanis Morissette folder everything works. Damn woman, I never listen to you anyway!

Have no idea what is wrong with those files, but I guess I can't blame either you or kplaylist for it :)
Thanks for the help!

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Post by James Heinrich » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:29 pm

dfriis wrote:Have no idea what is wrong with those files, but I guess I can't blame either you or kplaylist for it :)
Thanks for the help!
If you still have a "bad" file around, I can take a look at it and see if getID3 has any problems with it. Send (link to) sample file to info@getid3.org if you have one and want me to investigate.