PHP-produced "Notice" when a file uses invalid UTF

Think you found a bug in getID3()? Post here with details.
Post Reply
Joined:Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:53 am
PHP-produced "Notice" when a file uses invalid UTF

Post by gokusandwich » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 pm

my email: cw264701 at
getid3 version: 1.7.5
(Sorry I did not include this info in my original post -- if you already saw it)

I've got an ogg-vorbis file that claims to have tags (vorbiscomment's) encoded in UTF-8 (or that's what getid3 determined), but they seem to be in another encoding. Anyhow, getid3 attempts to parse past the end of the TITLE because it expects a multi-byte Unicode value, when the given character only takes up an actual byte.

The string that is improperly encoded could look like "Starship Trooper: Life Seeker/Disillusion/W

Post Reply