Page 1 of 1

write.id3v2.php:IsValidURL() fails with UTF-8 encoding

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:05 am
by drewish
I'm trying to write a WOAS frame with UTF-8 encoding and getting an error.
"Invalid URL in WOAS (��h
[that's supposed to be the url at the end there]

write.id3v2.php:GenerateID3v2FrameData() is calling it from line 1142.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:02 pm
by James Heinrich
Changed

Code: Select all

$this->errors[] = 'Invalid URL in '.$frame_name.' ('.$source_data_array['data'].')';
to

Code: Select all

$this->warnings[] = 'Invalid URL in '.$frame_name.' ('.$source_data_array['data'].')';
Better fix would be to rewrite IsValidURL() to handle other encodings.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:23 pm
by milius.net
I don't know if this belongs here, but I'm always getting 'invalid url'-errors in Wxxx when I set:

Code: Select all

$tagwriter->merge_existing_data = true;
I tried different encodings and urls (also "") - but no luck at all ...

I looked into the code and for me (beginner) it looks like there's a prob in the function IsValidURL() - that's why I'm posting it here ...