mjpg support

What features would you like to see in future versions of getID3() ?
zookies
User
Are you a spambot?: no

mjpg support

Post by zookies » Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm

mjpg or motion jpeg is a popular format for ip based video for streaming and surveillance. Companies with Linux and Apache in the server closet could use getid3() with mjpeg support to tag and store incidents from their ip based camera systems.

I know it sounds a little big brother, but it would be a great addition to getid3() supported file formats.

tomriddle
User

Re: mjpg support

Post by tomriddle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I was doing my own implementation of this actually, zookies. Doesn't sound big brother at all to be honest, it's not just used for surveillance.

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer

Post by James Heinrich » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Shouldn't be hard, but some sample files are welcome, especially MJPEG in a container other than QuickTime. Send sample files and/or links to sample files to info@getid3.org

johnbatt
User

Post by johnbatt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am

Mjpeg from what I understand is a video format where each frame or field of the video is seperately compressed as a jpeg image. It was first used on PC apps but is now widely used because of it's video capture capabilities on digital cameras and iphones.

This would be a great addition to o getid3() supported file formats.

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer

Post by James Heinrich » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 am

johnbatt wrote:This would be a great addition to o getid3() supported file formats.
Certainly, but because MJPEG is an ancient format that's still used in a multitude of vendor implementations, assorted sample files from different sources (old cameras, new smartphones, surveillance, etc) are very useful. Once I get a number of sample files I'll consider adding MJPEG support.