Page 1 of 1

Contribution

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:39 pm
by holyfield
I have made some updates in getID3() 1.9.3 code.

Code is available at bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/holyfield/getid3/src

I have found several minor issues, missing variables etc which I decided to fix. You are welcome to download the code, compare with original and decide which changes to use on your own project. I have made approximately 200 minor changes at the moment and at least 300 will be made in the nearest future.

Please note, this work does not change or improve overall functionality of getID3() dramatically.

getID3() is very powerful web app, I like it! I decided to share changes which I make in code which i use for my personal project.

Changes:
  • PHP closing tags are removed in pure php files - If a file is pure PHP code, it is preferable to omit the PHP closing tag at the end of the file. This prevents accidental whitespace or new lines being added after the PHP closing tag, which may cause unwanted effects because PHP will start output buffering when there is no intention from the programmer to send any output at that point in the script.
  • Fixed assignments in conditions
  • Undefined methods - replaced with valid method names now (mostly in demo section)
  • Undefined variables
Still to do:
  • Undefined variables
  • Testing

Re: Contribution

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 pm
by holyfield
Also I plan to improve code by introducing namespaces. I will move all classes under namespace getid3 and instead of dependency loader will be used PHP autoload functionality.

Re: Contribution

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:11 pm
by James Heinrich
holyfield wrote:I have made some updates in getID3() 1.9.3 code.
Thanks. However, v1.9.4 is very close to release (a week or so, if all goes according to plan), and much code is changed since v1.9.3 and it would be an arduous process to compare and merge back between 1.9.4-RC, 1.9.3 and your version. If you like, I can send you a release-candidate version of v1.9.4 when it's ready and you can suggest changes from there.

Namespaces, for example, are already on the todo list for v1.10.x