Writing AAC/MP4

What features would you like to see in future versions of getID3() ?
mixonic

Writing AAC/MP4

Post by mixonic » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:08 pm

Editing Tags for AAC/MP4 would make this script my hero. But I may jsut have to do it myself! Any plans?

-matt

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Post by James Heinrich » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:09 pm

Within the next few weeks/months - no.
Eventually, at some time in the more distant future - probably.
If you do code something yourself, feel free to submit it for inclusion in a future version of getID3() :)

mixonic
User

But! But! whaaaaa

Post by mixonic » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:14 am

But......

Ok. right on. Good codebase to recomend as a well written example? Binary manipulation in php is da dumps. Can I cheat and use mpeg4ip's tools?

-matt

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Post by James Heinrich » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:11 pm

Calling an external binary for tag writing is not forbidden :)
getID3() currently uses metaflac, shorten, vorbiscomment, etc for writing tags etc. If you do use an external binary, something that's available for both *nix and Windows would be highly preferable.

Re: But! But! whaaaaa

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:06 am

mixonic wrote:Good codebase to recomend as a well written example? Binary manipulation in php is da dumps. Can I cheat and use mpeg4ip's tools?
You can use libmp4v2 from MPEG4IP for MP4 file and tag reading/writing, it works fine in FAAC, open source AAC encoder, too, because the necessary source code was added to MPEG4IP by Menno, the FAAC project admin.

So you can find libmp4v2 in the current FAAC CVS snapshot on Audiocoding.com (folder /common/mp4v2) or in the MPEG4IP CVS and tarballs. By the way, the SourceForge project Madman (file management for XMMS etc.) has just added this feature to their CVS.