Estimated Release Date?

Comments and questions that doest not fit anywhere else.
Vince

Estimated Release Date?

Post by Vince » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:44 pm

Hey,

Just wondering if there was any estimated release date for the next version of getID3.

Sorry if that sounds pushy, its not intented to be, i'm in the middle of updating all the third party programs I have running on my website so I thought it would be worth asking.

Kind Regards
-Vince

James Heinrich
getID3() v1 developer
Are you a spambot?: no

Post by James Heinrich » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:03 am

Approximately as soon as I can... :P

I know I'm long overdue for a new version, and there's a significant number of issues that have been addressed in v1.7.1, and it should therefore be released ASAP, but I still have a few tricky bugs to try and track down. If I can get those licked and the whole thing tested I'd love to be able to let it out within a week or so (but don't hold me to that).

Maybe I'll get it working as good as I can by the end of the week and then release it as "beta/prerelease" if I still have some non-critical bugs to fix. Email me if you're interested in testing an alpha version (but certainly don't bundle an alpha version into any product :wink:)

Vince

Post by Vince » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:45 am

ok almost ready to test it.

I think i'll be able to test wma, mp3 (including riff & mp3pro), ogg, rm, midi and maybe images...the rest I really haven't heard of.

just throw it over to god_at_biosonik_dot_com when your done.

-Vince

Vince

Post by Vince » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:20 am

ahh crap...friggin server crashed but on the bright side it seems to be working better than expected, it seems a little slower but I'm sure thats just my host.

mp3,ogg and midi seem ok so far (although I cant write mp3 tags due to copyright restrictions...cant host them), i'll hunt some wma and real audio files out tomorrow, see how they go.

Thanks Again
-Vince